Shaw Rabson & Co.
ESTATE AGENTS – LETTING AGENTS
61 HIGH STREET, NEW ROMNEY, KENT. TN28 8AH
Telephone: 01797 366008 Email: email@example.com
Inc. Kent Holiday Homes | www.kentholidayhomes.org
Company Data Protection Policy
Our Company Data Protection Policy refers to our commitment to treat information of employees, customers and other interested parties with the utmost care and confidentiality. With this policy, we ensure that we gather, store and handle data fairly, safely, securely, transparently and with respect towards individual rights.
This company data protection policy refers to all parties; employees, customers, suppliers etc. Anyone who gives us any amount of information for legitimate interests.
Employees of our company and its subsidiaries must follow this policy. Contractors, consultants, partners and any other external entity are also covered. Generally, our policy refers to anyone we collaborate with or acts on our behalf and may need access to data for legitimate interests from the individual or company.
We will obtain consent before gathering data, we will store it securely on our databases and files, we will only share it with the agreed companies or clients for legitimate interests.
As part of our operations, we need to obtain and process information. This information includes any offline or online data that makes a person identifiable such as names, addresses, usernames and passwords, digital footprints, photographs, national insurance numbers, financial data etc.
Our company collects this information for legitimate interests in a transparent way and only with the full cooperation and knowledge of interested parties. Once this information is available to us, the following rules apply.
Our data will be:
- Accurate and kept up-to-date
- Collected fairly
- Some personal data to be held for lawful purposes for up to 10 years
- Processed by the company within its legal and moral boundaries
- Protected against any unauthorised or illegal access by internal or external parties
Our data will not be:
- Communicated informally
- Stored for more than a specified amount of time
- Transferred to organisations or countries that do not have adequate data protection policies
- Distributed to any party other than the ones agreed upon by the data’s owner (exempting legitimate requests from law enforcement authorities)
In addition to ways of handling the data the company has direct obligations towards people to whom the data belongs.
Specifically, we must:
- Let people know which of their data is collected
- Inform people about how we’ll process their data
- Inform people about who has access to their information
- Have provisions in cases of lost, corrupted or compromised data
- Allow people to transfer/use the data we hold on them to other controllers
- Inform people that they are not contacted for decision making and profiling automatedly
- Allow people to restrict data processing and the right to object
- Allow people to request that we modify, erase, reduce or correct data contained in our databases
To exercise data protection, we’re committed to:
- Restrict and monitor access to sensitive data
- Develop transparent data collection procedures
- Train employees in online privacy and security measures
- Build secure networks to protect online data from cyberattacks
- Change passwords frequently to protect online and offline data and security
- Back up our computer systems regularly to protect loss of data and information.
- Establish clear procedures for reporting privacy breaches or data misuse
- Include contract clauses or communicate statements on how we handle data
- Establish data protection practices (document shredding, secure locks, data encryption, frequent backups, access authorisation etc.)
Procedure for Data breech is to inform Managing Director immediately and notify the i.c.o (Information Commissioner Office) within 72 hours.
Parties we may share your information with:
- On the Market
- Legal representatives
- Service Providers / Contractors
- Vendor / Purchaser
Rentals / Holiday Rentals
- Contractors / Service Providers
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
- Experian (Credit Check)
- On the Market
- Trip Advisor
- Home & Away Website
- Holiday Lettings Website
All principles described in this policy must be strictly followed.
A breach of data protection guidelines/data misuse will invoke disciplinary and possibly legal action.
The Information Commissioner Office must be notified within 72 hours of a data breech.
Information Commissioner’s Office